Enable rotation limits
: if this option is checked, the axis can move only between the Min and Max angles. This therefore represents a mechanical constraint:
- Min angle: represents the minimum angle that the axis can reach.
- Max angle: represents the maximum angle that the axis can reach.
- Reached limit force restitution: indicates whether the contact between the axis and the upper or lower limits (Min or Max) is entirely absorbed (0.0) or rebounds(1.0).
Break at torque: if this option is checked, the axis breaks if it is subject to torque that is higher than the given value.
Break at force: if this option is checked, the axis breaks if it is subject to a force greater than the given value.
Resistive torques/forces (according to axis function: rotation or translation): if option is checked, the resistant torques/forces are enabled:
- Static: static resistive torque/force (axis speed = 0). Note: force/torque sensor measurements can be affected by this feature.
- Viscous: viscous torque/force (speed dependant). Prefer choosing small values (<=1nm/rad/s or <=1nm.m/s) for avoiding joint's instabilities. Note: force/torque sensor measurements can be affected by this feature.
Note: a motor embedded on the axis can override torques/forces values. You can disable it from the motor's 'Instance Values' panel.
Enable Spring/Suspension: If this option is checked, the axis has a suspension. (Option is not available for all joints):
- Spring constant (kp): the spring's firmness constant.
- Damping constant (kd): the spring's absorption constant (damping).
- Compute: Opens a tool window that computes Kp and Kd values according to specified information.